วันจันทร์ที่ 25 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2559

Learning Log 4

25/07/2016           

       This week, I attend for Introduction Corpus Linguistics (Concordances) traning with Mr.Kriangkrai Vathanalaoha.I am very exited.I login the BNC and study about it. I learn about definition of corpus. Corpus is a large collection of texts. The plural form of corpus is corpora. I also learn the history of Corpus that began in 1897s and 1950s-1960s. The case for introspection, Chomsky said we should focus on language competence rather than language performance.In addition, I learn about seven types of Corpora.
1. Special Corpus 
     - the language of newspapers ex. Bangkok post
     - time:1990 to the present day

2. General Corpus (BNC)
     
3. Multilingual Corpus
     - English and Spanish
4. Parallel Corpus
      - English or Thai Corpus
5. Learner Corpus
     - language used create by people learning a particular lanuage
6. Historical or Diachronic Corpus
    
7. Monitor Corpus
     
    Later, I learn process in Corpus Linguistics,for instance,Frequencies,Concordances, collocations, distribution information, Dispersion plots, etc.
   - Frequencies refer to how many words in focus are there in the corpus.
   - Concordances refer to hoe does the word appear in context.
   - collocations refer to what kind of words usually appear with '' word".
   - Dispersion plots refer to where is the word "word" appear in the text.
         Finally, I learn how to use this program correctly.Especially, I think Corpus Linguistics is good for me and everyone who interested in.I hope it to useful for me in Language learning.


ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น